Are you interested in a new way to enjoy Girl Scout Cookies? Check out this recipe for the Girl Scout “Campfire Adventure” Smoked Chocolate Almond Milkshake from Brittany Bardeleben, Head Pastry Chef at Hot Cakes.
Be sure to tune into KING-5’s New Day Northwest segment on Wednesday, March 15, where Brittany will demo this creation on-air!
And if you’re in need of purchasing some Girl Scout Cookies so you can give this recipe a try, visit our website to find a nearby cookie booth!
Girl Scout “Campfire Adventure” Smoked Chocolate Almond Milkshake
Makes 2 milkshakes
1 pint of your favorite vanilla ice cream (we love Bluebird Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!)
1 jar of Hot Cakes Dark Chocolate Sauce, warmed slightly
1 jar of Hot Cakes Pacific Coast Sea Salt Caramel Sauce, warmed slightly
1 recipe smoked chocolate magic shell, warmed until melted (see recipe below)
1 recipe honey roasted almonds (see recipe below)
1 box Adventurefuls® Girl Scout Cookies
1. Prepare and cool the honey roasted almonds.
2. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the honey roasted almonds, then combine the rest with 1/2 box of Adventurefuls cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture turns into coarse crumbs.
3. Melt your dark chocolate sauce and caramel sauce slightly in the microwave or in a bowl of very hot water. You will have plenty of extra sauce. Refrigerate the leftovers for another use. We recommend hot chocolate and ice cream sundaes!
4. In a blender or milkshake canister, combine the pint of vanilla ice cream and 1/4 cup of the dark chocolate sauce. Blend until the chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream are thoroughly mixed.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted smoked chocolate magic shell (you can add more or less to your taste), and blend briefly until the magic shell has broken up into chunks.
6. Pour 1 tablespoon of Pacific Coast Sea Salt Caramel into the bottom of 2 chilled glasses. Top with 2 tablespoons of the Adventurefuls almond crumble. Pour in 1/8th of the prepared milkshake, then top with another teaspoon of caramel sauce. Continue to layer the milkshake, caramel sauce, and the Adventurefuls almond crumble. Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired, honey roasted almonds, and a whole Adventurefuls cookie.
Note: Alternatively, you can make an ice cream sundae instead of a milkshake. Drizzle the chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and cookie crumble between layers of ice cream. Top with the smoked chocolate magic shell, which will harden upon hitting the cold ice cream. Garnish with honey roasted almonds and an Adventurefuls cookie.
Honey Roasted Almonds
2 tablespoons butter
1 ounces honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups whole, skin-on almonds
1. Melt butter and honey together in the microwave. Add salt and pour over the almonds. Toss to coat.
2. Place on a sheet pan and roast at 350°F for 20–30 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden.
Smoked Chocolate Magic Shell
1 jar Hot Cakes smoked chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Melt together in the microwave and stir until emulsified and smooth.